From: Hannibal Police Department
Contact: Lt. Zerbonia
On Wednesday November 16, 2016 Hannibal Police Officers assigned to the Anti-Crime Enforcement Squad (A.C.E.S.) conducted an investigation into the sale of narcotics in the 2400 block of Hope. As a result of the investigation a search warrant was issued for 2406 Hope Street. The Hannibal Police Department Special Response Team was called in to assist with the execution of the search warrant. Nine people were encountered in the house and substances believed to be methamphetamine and marijuana were located in the residence.
The following subjects were arrested at the residence:
- Austin Porter (33) of Hannibal: Unlawful use of drug paraphernalia (felony), possession of a controlled substance (felony), possession of marijuana, and a probation and parole warrant.
- Emmanuella Ritter (22) of Hannibal: Possession of a controlled substance (felony), and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.
- John LaJoy Jr. (27) of Hannibal: Distribution of a controlled substance, unlawful use of drug paraphernalia (felony), and three outstanding warrants.
- Franklin Riley (33) of Hannibal: Hannibal Municipal Warrant.
- Isaac Swarnes (19) of Hannibal: Unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.
Porter, Ritter, and LaJoy were transported to the Marion County Jail on the charges. The Hannibal Police Department was assisted by the Missouri State Highway Patrol K9 Unit. Additional arrests are possible as a result of the investigation.