From: Hannibal Police Department
Contact: Lt. Jennifer Grote
On Tuesday 7/11/17 charges were filed by Marion County Prosecutor David Clayton. A warrant was issued by the 10th Judicial Circuit for Anthony E. Williams for:
- Robbery 1st Degree Class A Felony
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm Class D Felony
- Armed Criminal Action Felony Unclassified
Williams’ bond was set at $100,000 cash. Williams remains in the Marion County Jail.
On Monday, 07/11/2017 at 9:48pm, Hannibal Police Officers were called to the 300 block of South Levering for the report of a robbery. The victim stated they were robbed at gun point and provided a description of the suspects. By 10:02pm one suspect, Anthony E Williams, 25 of Hannibal was taken into custody. Williams was found to have a handgun, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
Williams was arrested for the following offenses:
- Robbery first degree
- Armed criminal action
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Outstanding felony warrant from Monroe County MO
Williams was transported to the Marion County Jail on a twenty four hour hold pending formal charges. The victim was not injured during the course of the robbery.