From: Hannibal Police Department
Date: September 29th, 2016
Contact: Lt. John Zerbonia
ACES Arrest 6 for Prescription Drug Fraud
On Wednesday 09/28/2016 at approximately 10:58am Hannibal Police Officers assigned to the Anti-Crime Enforcement Squad (ACES), were conducting surveillance at a pharmacy in the 800 block of Church Street. Officers had obtained information from pharmacy staff of subjects traveling from Florida to Hannibal Missouri in an attempt to fraudulently acquire prescription pills (Xanax and Oxycodone). Officers encountered a female subject in the pharmacy attempting to fill a prescription, and three others in a parked vehicle outside. Officers made contact with the subjects in the vehicle when a male subject attempted to conceal an item. After a subsequent search of the vehicle, a loaded firearm was located, which was reported stolen from Columbus Ohio. Prescription pills were located inside the vehicle, which were found to be filled in Bowling Green Missouri. As a result of the initial investigation the following subjects were arrested:
- James Harless (73) of Columbus Ohio; Attempted to Possess a controlled substance with intent to distribute, unlawful use of a weapon, and receiving stolen property.
- David Swisher (49) of Tampa Florida; Possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, and unlawful use of a weapon.
- Norman Ball (48) of Seminole Florida; Possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
- Bobbie Williams (36) of Columbus Ohio; Attempted to possess a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
The initial subjects were transported to the Marion County Jail on 24 hour holds, however further information was obtained to believe there were additional suspects involved in the operation. At approximately 3:26pm two additional subjects arrived at the Hannibal pharmacy in an attempt to obtain controlled substances. The following subjects were arrested for their suspected involvement:
- Christopher Ingram (38) of Grove City Ohio; Fraudulently Attempt to Obtain a Controlled Substance.
- Laura Ingram (47) of Grove City Ohio; Fraudulently Attempt to Obtain a Controlled Substance.
The additional suspects were also transported to the Marion County Jail on a 24 hour holds. Additional arrests are possible as the investigation continues. The Hannibal Police Department was assisted by the Bowling Green Police Department.